Sunday 23 September 2012

Dudley Perkins Harley Davidson

Today, I thought I'd talk a little about the best Harley davidson dealership I have found so far.
That would, of course, be Dudley Perkins Company in South San Francisco (click on the name to visit their website)
Now, we live roughly six thousand miles away from this shop, but we make a point of getting our Harley parts from here whenever possible, and we ALWAYS stop by the shop when we are in San Francisco.

It's like a cross between a Harley dealership and a museum, and is well worth a visit just to check out the ancient iron on display.
This is a real family affair, currently into it's fourth generation and has been around since 1914-this shop has HISTORY!
you don't stay in business that long without doing it right.
Aside from that, the people are great, service is excellent, the staff knowledgeable, the owner and manager  happy to take time out just to chat and everyone that works there seems genuinely about the bikes. (and what a refreshing change that all is!)

If you ride bikes and live in the bay area, this wont be news, if you're visiting, make some time between visiting Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, riding the cable cars etc and take a trip out there

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Harley Davidson Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Harley Owners, Builders, Experts, Dealers, Collectors, Clubs, etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Harley Davidson Community: http://www.vorts.com/harley_davidson/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James
      thanks so much for the invitation, it's nice to see that someone has enjoyed what I have been writing, thank you.
      I have had a look at your community site,and I am not so sure that my blog would fit in well there to be honest.
      The reason for that is that one of your criteria is that articles should stay on topic, whereas my blog is somewhat random and meandering in its composition, rather than being solely concerned with bikes.
      Having said that, I am happy for you to put on a link if you would like, as I can see that perhaps some of what I post might be relevant
      Thanks again for looking and taking the time to message me
      Jon

      Delete
  2. The place sounds great! With the genuine courtesy and service they offer to their customers, it’s no wonder it’s the best Harley Davidson dealership you found so far. And what I like about the place is that the staff members know their bikes, which means they take the business seriously. And I wish you posted some pictures of the ancient iron on display for us to see though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, Claudio, pictures are definitely needed!
      I will do a follow up blog with pictures in the next couple of days.
      Thanks for taking the time to write

      Delete
  3. That’s a great story! Well, based on that, I think it’s definitely worthy to be called the best Harley dealership. Aside from the excellent service, another good thing about the shop is the knowledgeable staff they have. The staff members are the go-to people in the shop, so being knowledgeable about the things they sell would not only help customers find the items they want, but also learn more about the bikes themselves

    ReplyDelete