Tuesday 25 September 2012

Dad's artwork

My father was always very self deprecating about his artwork, I always thought it was rather sad that he often seemed quicker to point out what he perceived to be faults with his work than take pleasure from the beautiful images he created.

Having said that, I know that it made him very happy that we all loved his art.
The painting above is among the last of the pieces he created, in fact, he never got around to finishing it, but I think it stands as a beautiful piece in it's unfinished form.

I wanted to share some of his art with anyone that would get pleasure in seeing it, but rather than overloading my blog with lots of images at once, I will ad a 'painting of the week' over the next month or so.

If anyone is impatient to see more, or would like to have a print etc of any of the images I post, clicking the link will take you to my website, Dad's pictures are in 'Geoff's gallery' in the artwork section.

This design has been very popular already, Dad would have been amazed that other people would want to own things with his artwork on them, I'm not surprised by that at all

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful flower, I love the simplicity. Your dad would be so proud that you have this on your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so beautiful-your love and appreciation of him fills my heart and soul to a point in which it makes my eyes weep. it is sad he could not see his own beauty and talent. i am truly happy you have pieces of his mind and soul to keep with you always. he will always be because you make it so. beautiful just isn't a strong enough word, but i don't really think one exists that does. maybe love-from patience


    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind words, they are much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do miss himm terribly....wish I had half his talent.....definitly one of my favourites, Alison

    ReplyDelete