Monday 6 July 2015

Sculptures n Scraptures, 'The mechanic' , A Helpful Demon, Finished


'The Mechanic' is finished,and after long consideration I decided to paint it.
Having done so, I'm pleased with the results, still not sure whether it looks better painted or in bare metal, I like it both ways.
I guess I will see what other people think when I put it up for sale on etsy!
I did enjoy making it, and thats what really counts, of course.
I should  thank my wonderful wife, kasia for inadvertently providing my inspiration for this scrapture.
She has recently been doing a lot of work on liminal entities, or, for want of a more precise description, 'demons' in ancient Egypt as part of the Demon Things-ancient Egyptian Demonology Project .
rather than me trying to explain what it's all about, why don't you click on the link and go and have a look?
She put the idea of helpful demonic entities in my head, and being a mechanic , a demon that would provide a few extra spanners when needed seemed like a good idea!






No comments:

Post a Comment